This section contains the basic information about your hotel. Some as basic as its name and other more detailed information like the wording that appears on the pdf documents that you can send to clients.
This is the basic information on your property.
- Property name – will display on all communication with clients (invoices, reservation confirmations etc)
- Time Zone – this affects your night run & web booking engine day
- Legal Names
- Tax number – will display on invoices (normally a VAT number but depends on your region)
- Contact number – will display on all communication with clients (invoices, reservation confirmations etc)
- Email address – will display on all communication with clients (invoices, reservation confirmations etc)
- Physical Address – will display on all communication with clients (invoices, reservation confirmations etc)
- Postal Address – not currently used
- Invoice Address – not currently used
This is more detail on your property.
- Active accounting date – this shows the current accounting day for the property.
- Accommodation charge type – this is what the daily accommodation charges will appear as on guest invoices. You can change this wording in charge types.
- Cancellation charge type – this is what any cancellation charges will appear as on guest invoices. You can change this wording in charge types.
- Website Address – your property’s website (including the http://www…)
- Accounting Day End Time – this is when you wish your night run to run. You can make it any time from 00h00 to 06h00 of the following day. Extending the time can allow bar and restaurant charges to be posted with the previous day’s trading day which can assist cash ups.
- From Email Addresses – you can add a variety of email addresses here that will appear in a drop-down list of “from” email addresses when sending out an email from Benson.
- BCC Address – The email address provided here will receive any and all emails that are sent out from Benson to your Guests and Clients. It’s a nice way of keeping track of what emails have been sent and when.
- Default Rate Type – this is your default rate type. Normally a ‘rack rate’ or similar.
This is where you can set your property’s currency.
Logo & Icon
This is where you load the logo for your property. The recommended size is 340×200 pixels and in jpg format.
You can also add an icon to your Property. This will only appear when you are on Benson and will not be added to any documents.
These are free-text sections that can be added to each pdf that comes from Benson. They are normally used for reservation notes, payment instructions, banking details, statement details.