This section contains the basic information about your hotel. Some as basic as its name and other more detailed information like the wording that appears on the pdf documents that you can send to clients.
This is the basic information on your property.
- Property name – will display on all communication with clients (invoices, reservation confirmations etc)
- Contact number – will display on all communication with clients (invoices, reservation confirmations etc).
- Country – informational and will move this country to the top of any country drop down list.
- Time Zone – this affects your night run & web booking engine day. All dates and times are relative to the set time zone.
- Tax number – will display on invoices (normally a VAT number but depends on your region).
- Website Address – your property’s website (including the http://www…). This will be shown on the Web Booking Engine, PDFs and emails.
- Legal Name – shown on invoices.
- Email address – will display on all communication with clients (invoices, reservation confirmations etc).
- Physical Address – will display on all communication with clients (invoices, reservation confirmations etc)
- Invoice Address – If supplied this will override the Physical Address on Invoices and Statement Of Accounts
This is more detail on your property.
- Active accounting date – this shows the current accounting day for the property.
- Accounting Day End Time – this is when you wish your night run to run. You can make it any time from 00h00 to 06h00 of the following day. Extending the time can allow bar and restaurant charges to be posted with the previous day’s trading day which can assist cash ups.
- Currency – Denotes the currency shown on PDFs and the Web Booking Engine.
- Default Rate Type – this is your default rate type. Normally a ‘rack rate’ or similar. Any time a reservation is changed and the reservation has no rates the default is used.
- Age categories – allows the property to additionally use non-adult rates.
- From Email Addresses – you can add a variety of email addresses here that will appear in a drop-down list of “from” email addresses when sending out an email from Benson. Any emails sent automatically from Benson (creating a reservation via the Web Booking Engine) will use the first one if a list of emails are captured.
- BCC Address – The email address provided here will receive any and all emails that are sent out from Benson to your Guests and Clients. It’s a nice way of keeping track of what emails have been sent and when.
- Integration Error Email Address – lets you receive email detailing errors on integrations (e.g. incorrect credentials, invalid mapping etc.).
- Days After Booking To Automatically Cancel Reservation – specifies after how many days a provisional reservation is automatically cancelled. You can change or remove the date from a reservation at any time.
Logo & Icon
This is where you load the logo for your property. The recommended size is 340×200 pixels and in jpg format.
You can also add an icon to your Property. This will only appear when you are on Benson and will not be added to any documents.
These are free-text sections that can be added to each pdf that comes from Benson. They are normally used for reservation notes, payment instructions, banking details, statement details. Please try and not copy text from other sources as Benson cannot guarantee formatting.
Automated Email Templates
You can activate a number of processes that automatically send out emails which can include some free-text, You can also choose the default “From” and “CC” email addresses. You can opt out of any of these options at a reservation, client or guest level. The options are:
- Cancellation Confirmation – sent to the contact and/or responsible client when a reservation is cancelled.
- Cancellation Warning – sent to the contact and/or responsible client at 7am a number of days before the reservation is to be automatically cancelled. You can specify how many days before.
- Guarantee Overdue – sent to the contact and/or responsible client at 7am the day the reservation has a guarantee that has not been met.
- Post-Stay – sent to the guests at 7am a number of days after the reservation has been checked-out. You can specify how many days after.
- Pre-Arrival – sent to the guests at 7am a number of days before the reservation is arriving. You can specify how many days before.
- Reservation Amendment – sent to the contact and/or responsible client when a reservation is amended.
- Reservation Confirmation – sent to the contact and/or responsible client when a reservation is created.
Please refer to this page for a more detailed explanation.