What is the Debtors Report?
This report will show the financial position of the property at a given time. It will include deposits held for future bookings, unpaid past bookings (debtors) and in-house reservations (currently checked-in reservations).
Tip: The figure on the bottom right side of this report is the net financial position of the property, at that time. In credit, it reflects that the property has more in deposits than it is owed. In debit, vice versa.
Generating a Debtors Report?
You can select:
- A start date
- An end date
The report is summarised by the client types your property has set.
Understanding a Debtors report
Balance = – deposits + invoiced + in-house
- Positive balance = deposits held by you.
- Negative balance = there can’t be a negative here.
- Positive balance = moneys owed to you.
- Negative balance = over-payments on invoices – say when an agent pays for two nights accommodation but a stay is cut short to one night and a credit is left on the invoice.
- Positive = moneys owed to the property.
- Negative = moneys the property has in credit (technically still owned by its creditors)
See detailed explanations on downloading and viewing options.